5 K-beauty Hacks For Flawless Skin
Koreans are serious about healthy skin and it is considered a daily ritual to most in Korea. One fundamental aspect about Korean skincare is not just the products, but also the method and techniques involved, improving things like circulation and keeping muscles underneath the skin healthy to help your skin flourish from the inside out.
Koreans strive to get that flawless canvas, and you can too with these 5 beauty hacks!
1) Steam Massage - Try giving your face a massage in the shower. Massage your skin in a circular tapping motion, starting from your forehead, to your cheeks, and then jawline to increase circulation.
2) Double Cleanse - The double cleanse method involves washing your face in two steps, first by using an oil-based cleanser, followed by a water-based foam cleanser. The first step draws out oil-based impurities such as sebum, SPF, and pollutants while the second step cleanses water-based debris such as sweat and dirt. Awakiin Aloe Soothing Foam Cleanser is perfect to use as it does not dry out your skin and deep cleanses.
3) Exfoliate - Finding a good exfoliator is no easy task- you want something effective enough to thoroughly clear away dead skin cells, but nothing with harsh or irritating ingredients. Korean women are very strict about making sure they exfoliate gently, avoiding coarse scrubs and damaging ingredients like glycolic acid.
If you find exfoliating products are too much for your sensitive skin, many Korean women simply exfoliate using a washcloth soaked in hot water. This could help minimize the wrinkles by washing face daily in an upward circular stroke.
4) Sheet Masks - Buying sheet masks are as common as getting Kleenex in South Korea. Sheet masks come soaked in an essence that is formulated with beneficial ingredients which hydrate and nourish the skin
Celavi Sheet Masks are perfect for an entire week of skin pampering
5) Mister - Keep a mist on hand during dry seasons- a couple spritzes throughout the day makes a huge difference for bouncy, elastic skin.
Awakiin Hydro Beauty Mist is perfect for throwing into your purse or keeping at work.