Products You'll Need to Help You Get Through the Summer Heat
We know we're not the only one that is excited about summer! Even though we love the sun and the warm weather, we also dread the long hot days that come along with it. Therefore, we are always looking for ways to keep our selves cool, fresh, and hydrated. Here are some items we think every girl (or boy) should have to avoid summer heat malfunctions.
- Sunscreen – Of course this is a no-brainer product. Sunscreen will not only protect us from getting sunburned, but it also protects us from getting sun damage from harmful UVA/UVB rays that can cause skin cancer. Sunscreen is something you want to wear all year round but it is especially important during the summer.
- Cooling Face Masks – These sheet masks can be used all year round, but they are especially great for summer if you pop them in the fridge before use. These cooling face masks will hydrate and refresh your skin after a long hot day. Our favorite face masks at the moment are Nu-Pore sheet masks and Celavi sheet masks. They are made with natural ingredients and filled with vitamins that are great for my sensitive skin. It also comes with many different scents to choose from so we never get tired of just using one. If you're looking for a sheet mask for anti-aging and whitening, Bluna's Bio-Cellulose Mask is a great option for lifting and brightening the skin!
- Foot Masks – We know this one sounds a little odd but trust us, it is a great item to have when we want to show off our feet. Sandals and flip flops all day can take a toll on our feet after wearing it for long periods of time. We like to use our favorite Nu-Pore Moisturizing Socks. It is formulated with shea butter and aloe vera, which helps smooth our skin and get rid of dry, cracked skin. It is easy and very relaxing to use at home or anywhere.
- Lip Balm – The summer heat can make your skin oily, but it will definitely dry out your lips. During the summer, we stop using heavy lipsticks and sticky lip gloss and use tinted lip balms instead. So far, we're liking Beauty Treats Bliss Balm, which is a moisturizing lip balm that gives your lips a sheer hint of color. We like using these because it feels light on our lips while moisturizing at the same time. These fun colors make my lips look like we sucked on a Popsicle. It is very natural-looking and re-application is no problem at all.
- BB Creams – BB Cream stands for Beauty Balm and it’s a summer staple for me because the texture is a lot lighter than a foundation while still offering me some coverage. BB Cream also acts as a tinted moisturizer so we're able to reduce one step in our daily routine. What we like about BB Creams is that it is natural looking and it easily absorbs into our skin so it doesn’t look heavy and doesn't melt off our skin easily. We like using City Color BB Cream because it has extra skincare benefits like Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid, which moisturizes our skin while giving me enough coverage to even out my skin tone. We also like that it is paraben-free so it’s not harmful for daily use.
- Blotting Sheets – These are lifesavers if you have oily skin or get oily throughout the day. These are compact and small enough to put in your purse or pocket and easy to carry around anywhere, anytime!
- Deodorant – Another no-brainer for those who sweat and suffer from body odor. Keep yourself dry and smelling fresh by using deodorant in your favorite scent!
Lastly, drink water! Remember to stay hydrated at all times and have some fun in the sun!